Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pinterest Love....Rain Gutter Bookshelves!

I saw this project on Pinterest awhile ago and thought...that looks to good to be true. I was quite skeptical of whether or not the rain gutters would support the books or if they'd hang. When I had a giant blank wall in the playroom to fill, I decided to give it a try. 

We bought plastic rain gutters from Home Depot. They offered to cut them into pieces for us...we said no. Do NOT say no...unless to have a handy hubby and a sharp saw!! 

Anyway, we sawed them into four pieces. I originally planned for three feet...so glad I went with four. 

Then we screwed them into the wall. We did four screws across for good measure. Just plain old screws, didn't use a fancy anchor or anything. 

This is our finished project...filled with books of all sizes (some quite heavy!!) And I must say, my two year pulls on it pretty hard, and it has yet to fall or snap. 

Total cost...$6.00!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment