Friday, August 2, 2013

Magical Burn Relief...or not??

Yesterday I had my girlfriends and kiddos over for a luncheon....everyone was playing happily while I cooked up some good old fashioned Mac n cheese. My little guy was hanging around my leg (we seem to be a bit attached after a summer home with Mommy). Cue blood curdling scream...he grabbed the stove. The tips of all his little fingers instantly blistered :( I've never heard him cry so hard...or for so long. I felt awful.

We called the doctor, who told us to just care for it at home and watch for blisters to pop. So we went about doing some online research for home remedies to get the stinging to stop. We tried aloe, toothpaste...even considered yellow mustard for a brief second. 

Turns out, the only thing that helped was some pain relief meds and a bowl of cool water for him to put his hand it. He fell asleep on my lap for a couple hours with his hand in the water, but woke up in a little less pain. (Not gonna lie..loved the cuddles on my lap all afternoon!!)  Another couple hours of putting it in the water every fifteen minutes or so, and he was back to normal. So if this happens to you...What seemed like something that was going to turn into a week of crying lasted a good three hours, the he settled. 

I'm happy to report this morning that he's good to go...until these blisters pop :( that'll be a whole new trauma to deal with!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment